Saturday 27 October 2012

Faux Bloody Cuticles

I've been wanting to do a bloody mani for a while but I've always been put off doing a bloody splatter mani because it looks like it'd be way too much clean up than I want to deal with. I had a thought the other night that maybe I'd thin some dark red polish out and drop it from a height onto my nails to make it look like splatter patterns but again, that seemed like it'd be a lot of clean up so I gave up on that idea. then I thought that maybe doing a half moon and then using a straight pin to make it appear like blood was running down my nails might be easier. It was pretty easy but I don't know how convincing it looks. I used Nails Inc Basil Street as a base (which is very close to my skin tone and one that I just got in a box set and thought I'd NEVER use!) and Illamasqua Scarab (which is the only brown red I have!)

*click to enlarge!*





When I showed my husband last night, he had no idea what I was attempting. He thinks it just looks like it's chipped or unfinished. My mother in law and my father in law didn't know what I was trying to do either. Muggles. I do like the way this has come out, although I wish the dots were more tear drop shaped but I had  no idea how to do that so I just tried some random dots that don't look very random to me. Let me know what you think or send me some links if you have any Halloween manicures!

No comments:

Post a Comment