Tuesday 3 July 2012

Happy Ironic 4th of July

There are 2 reasons why this is an ironic 4th of July mani. First, none of the polishes I used are actually American polishes. And second, I'm an American living in England, the very country that America became independent from. I used a England Order of the Garter for the blue, Illamasqua Scorch for the white and Ozotic 621 for the red.

 *click to enlarge!*





My friends, Chris and Andy, sent me the star glitter in a box with my birthday present. And I don't mean in a bag. It was all loose inside the box. I'm STILL finding glitter around the house and my birthday was in March. But it's okay because I love them. To apply the glitter, I put a thick coat of top coat on over the blue.  Then, working quickly, I dampened a cotton swab (making sure that there wasn't any stray bits of cotton sticking out), dabbed the cotton swab onto the star and then applied it to my nail. I did try this out before I applied the top coat since I've never done this before and wanted to see if I could actually do it :) In the bottom picture, I applied two thinish coats of Glitter Gal Light As A Feather, which you really can't see.

A England and Illamsqua are British brands and can be purchased from their  respective sites (Illamasqua can also be purchased at Sephora in the states). Ozotic and Glitter Gal are Australian brands.  A England, Ozotic and Glitter Gal can be purchase from Llarowe, Ninja Polish, Harlow & Co and Overall Beauty.

8 comments:

  1. In love with all 3 colors - superb brands!! Love how you chose to display them all…nice handiwork!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love all of those polishes! LOVE LOVE LOVE!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hahaha I love your irony. I think it's great!
    But I also think your mani is great and very fitting! ;-))

    ReplyDelete
  4. Irony never looked so good!!!!

    ReplyDelete