Sunday 27 May 2012

Memorial Day Meh Mani.

Today I have a mani for you that I'm really not happy with at all but I thought I'd share it anyway. The red is Illamasqua Alarm, the white is Illamasqua Scorch and the blue is Illamasqua Force. The glitter tips is Nails Inc Jubilee. I was going to save Jubilee for next weekend but I thought I'd give it a try to see how best to apply it. I don't really like it used this way. There's also some shrinkage with the glitter, so now I'm trying to figure out the best way to apply it for next weekend.






As I was applying the top coat, I never thought to do the colors separately and ended up with red polish on top of the white on my thumb. Not a lot, but I still find it annoying.  The red is much too orange for my liking for this mani as well. That's what nail polish remover is for anyway!

Nails Inc Jubilee is a limited edition polish released for Queen Elizabeth II's Golden Jubilee. She's been on the throne of Great Britain for 60 years now. Also, it's only available in this crystal cap, which means it cost £15/$23!!! and any discount that you can apply to other polishes, doesn't apply this this one (there is a 20% off promo going on until the end of the month. Use promo cold INSTYLEPROMO. Only valid until the 30th of May). I don't think it's going to be released in the states, although they could market this for the 4th of July.



No comments:

Post a Comment